about 2 years ago
The countdown is on! There’s only one week between you and the challenge deadline. We know you’re busy and we know you’re interested in Hadoop & big data. We also know there’s $40,000 in prizes on the line.
Submissions are due March 3rd before 5pm ET. (Find out what time that is in your city.)
Still need to get started?
Why not let us spot you on the heavy lifting? Together it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3.
1) Identify a dataset and ask a question (To lighten the load, we’ve put together some datasets, ready to go with question options - in case you’re not sure what data to use or what question to ask.)
- Total 311 complaints locations and median household income: Can we predict the total 311 complaints per zip code with the median household income in San Francisco? Data: 311 complaints in San Francisco, Median household income by county
- Department of homeless services (DHS) and unemployment: Is there a correlation between the total persons sleeping in shelter each day in NYC and the unemployment rate? Data: DHS daily data, Unemployment Data
- Red light violations and crime rate: Can we project the corners with high red light violations using crime rate data of each zip code (or county)? Data: Red light violation in Chicago, City of Chicago Crime Data
- US population and GMOs: What correlations can you find between US population estimations and the adoption of genetically engineered crops in the U.S? Data: US Census Population Estimates, ERS GMO crops
Want more question & data combos? There are 3 more on the Challenge Data page!
2) Get your Analytics for Hadoop on, by following the sign-up steps and demo app instructions here: http://ibmhadoop.challengepost.com/details/ibmbluemix
3) Create your interactive data visualization + demo video and submit!
Don’t let questions bog you down!
We’re here to help. If you have any questions about the challenge, post on the discussion forum or email email@example.com and we’ll respond on the double!